Football Food Favorites for any Tailgate or Watching Games at Home
Below are a couple of great recipes to use for your game day watching without all of the guilt. If you click the blue links you can buy the ingredients right from this post. This will make it easier for you to get everything you need just in time for the next football tailgate or games that you like to watch.
- 1 can muir glen pizza sauce
- mozzarella cut into slices
- 1-2 handfuls of arugula
- 1-2tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1-2tbsp fresh basil either chopped or just use them whole leaf
- fresh shredded parm cheese or shredded almond or coconut cheese
- Preheat oven at 350F. Meanwhile prep your cookie sheet with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Prepare your crust by mixing all crust ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and let sit for 4 mins for the mix to thicken.
- Once you let the mix sit spread the ball of dough on the cookie sheet in a circle like you would with regular pizza dough.
- Top the pizza dough with half the can of your pizza sauce or the whole can if you love a lot of sauce.
- Add the mozzarella, arugula, oregano, basil, and then finally top with shredded parm and bake in oven for 20mins at 350F.
- 2.5lbs of organic chicken wings
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsbp black pepper
- 1/4c melted ghee
- 1/2c franks red hot sauce or siete chipotle hot sauce
- 1 bottle of primal kitchen golden bbq
- Preheat oven to 400F. Pat dry and place chicken wings on oiled baking sheet or I used a cast iron skillet. Salt and pepper them and add the avocado oil on them. Bake them for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare your sauce by adding melted ghee, hot sauce, and bbq in a mixing bowl together and mix thoroughly.
- Once wings are finished baking take them out and coat them with your sauce and put back in the oven for another 10 mins and enjoy! You can serve these with celery and carrots and primal kitchen ranch dressing.
- 1 can organic chili
- 1 packet simply organic gluten-free taco seasoning
- 1 8oz container nancys probiotic cream cheese
- 2 tsp. siete gluten-free taco sauce or salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (I like organic valley or tillamook)
- In an ungreased 2-qt. casserole dish, stir together chili
- Mix cream cheese, taco seasoning and taco sauce or salsa together. Spread as a layer on top of the chili
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of all.
- Bake at 350, covered for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 15-20 minutes longer, or until bubbly and cheese has browned a bit.
- Serve warm
Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken ( this is about a lb of chicken )
- 1 8oz container of nancys probiotic cream cheese
- 3/4 cup hot sauce ( Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or siete hot sauce )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir.
- Spoon ingredients into a 1 quart baking dish
- Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with fresh cut veggies, gluten free crackers, or tortilla chips!
Favorite snacks to use for dipping and just to crunch on:
Tortilla Chips: Siete Gluten Free Chips
Potato Chips: Boulder Canyon Potato Chips
Cheese Puffs: Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs
Bean Chips: Beanitos
Popcorn: Buddha Bowl Ghee Popcorn
Kettle Corn: Boom Chicka Pop